Multiple OUI Offenses
Quincy & Canton, MA OUI Lawyers
In Massachusetts, some drunk driving convictions can land you in jail,
in addition to license suspension and other penalties. A second or subsequent
driving offense charge is more difficult to fight than a first offense.
If you or a loved one has been convicted of multiple OUI (operating under the influence) or breath test refusal offenses, or if you stand accused of an OUI, get
the strongest legal representation you can. Your license, your freedom,
and your career might be at risk.
Penalties For Conviction: Third Offense
- Fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $15,000, AND
- Imprisonment for not less than 180 days, nor more than 2.5 years in House
of Correction or,
- Imprisonment of 2.5 to 5 years in state prison
- Minimum mandatory sentence of 150 days
- License loss of 8 years
- Hardship available after 2 years with ignition lock
Penalties For Conviction: Fourth Offense
- Fine of not less than $1,500 nor more than $25,000, AND
- Imprisonment for not less than 2 to 2.5 years in the House of Correction
or not less than 2.5 to 5 years in state prison
- Minimum mandatory sentence of 12 months
- License loss of 10 years
- Hardship available after 5 years with ignition lock
Penalties For Conviction: Fifth Offense or More
- Fine of not less than $2,000 nor more than $50,000, AND
- Imprisonment of 2.5 to the House of Correction, or
- Imprisonment of not less than 2.5 years nor more than 5 years in state prison
- Mandatory minimum sentence of 24 months
- License loss: lifetime
- No hardship available
Special Penalty Provisions
- Any person under the age of 21, who takes a breath test with a result of
.02 or greater, and who is not charged with OUI, shall have his or her
license suspended for 180 days immediately under G.L. c. 90, § 24P.
- Lifetime revocation for persons who are convicted of OUI, MV Homicide and
who have a prior OUI, OUI Homicide or OUI serious injury: G.L. c. 90,
Get Aggressive Representation
Sweeney & Associates, LLC, our Quincy OUI defense lawyers represent drivers accused of serious OUI
and other criminal matters. We can provide the aggressive, thorough representation
you need if you are concerned about your future.
Contact us for a free, confidential consultation about your OUI case.